As we honour and respect you we will never forward any of your information onto a third-party. All information supplied to International Adoption Guide is confidential and will forever remain that way.
This website is maintained by International Adoption Guide, 4 Antrobus Road, London, W4 5HY, United Kingdom. Users may download material from this site (one machine-readable copy and one print copy per page) for personal, non-commercial use only. Except where otherwise permitted in our copyright statement any further reproduction, distribution, transmission, display, publication or broadcast requires the prior written permission of International Adoption Guide. For details, please see our complete copyright statement.
International Adoption Guide is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We strive to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to the International Adoption Guide Website. It also includes the order forms and member services accessible from those websites. (Your data will be stored and processed in whole or in part in the United Kingdom. If you access International Adoption Guide Online outside the UK, your usage of that site constitutes consent to the transfer of your data out of your country and to the United Kingdom.)
The International Adoption Guide website contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from the International Adoption Guide website.
Information We Collect
In some areas of the International Adoption Guide website, we request or may request that you provide personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, contact information, billing information, and any other information from which your identity is discernible. In other areas, we collect or may collect demographic information such as your age, career focus and discipline, preferences, gender, educational degrees, ethnic background, interests, and household income range. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information. Examples of areas on the International Adoption Guide website where we collect or may collect personal or combined personal and demographic data are pages where you can sign up to use a service, post a resume, enter a contest, or purchase a product.
We also gather or may gather certain information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. This is used for research purposes so we can provide you with better services. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that we collect or may collect. This information can include, without limitation, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the International Adoption Guide website, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of International Adoption Guide Online. We retain indefinitely all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of our website more efficient, practical, and relevant.
Use of information
The information collected may be used by International Adoption Guide for the purpose of operating and improving the International Adoption Guide website, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer. We may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from the International Adoption Guide website or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered from us..
We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail, postal mail or other communications regarding updates at the International Adoption Guide website, such as News Alerts, newsletters, new opportunities, and additional listings which may be of interest to you. We may also use it to send you information about third-party products and services that match your interests and preferences, if you opt in for this communication. (We do not release any of your contact information to third parties in such instances and will never pass your details on). The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you. In addition, at the time of registration for monthly membership services, you have the option to elect to receive additional communications, information, newsletters, and promotions relating to topics that may be of special interest to you.
Opt-in and Opt-out Choices
The registration forms and other sections of the International Adoption Guide website where we collect your information provide you with relevant opt-in and opt-out choices regarding promotional activity and other communications with you.
- International Adoption Guide members may opt-in for third-party informational e-mails or opt-out of all e-mail communication, with the exception of subscription renewal. Members can provide data privacy instructions at the members-only website, http://iagmember.co.uk Select Member Services/ Data Privacy. Or contact International Adoption Guide Member Services.
- Paid subscribers to International Adoption Guide website may also opt-in for third-party informational e-mails or opt-out of all e-mail communication (with the exception of subscription renewal information) by contacting International Adoption Guide Member Services.
- Users of free online services provided by International Adoption Guide --such as free partial access to International Adoption Guide are agreeing that International Adoption Guide may contact them by e-mail in exchange for these free services. Users can also opt in for third-party informational e-mails. Users who do not wish to receive e-mail may cancel their online services by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any e-mail message from International Adoption Guide.
- Users who download a free sample issue of International Adoption Guide’s We are Family magazine are agreeing that they may receive occasional e-mail messages from International Adoption Guide in exchange for this free content. Users who do not wish to receive e-mail may follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any e- mail message from International Adoption Guide.
The above are examples of opt-in/opt-out options and are not intended to describe every option on the site.
We have, or may have, an area where you can submit feedback. Any feedback you submit in this area becomes our property, and we may contact you for further information. You have the option to grant or withhold permission to use your feedback for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We do not disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information, or information about your use of the International Adoption Guide website (such as the areas you visit or the services you access), except as set forth in the following four subparagraphs.
- We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on your and our behalf. Examples may include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third-party.
- We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of International Adoption Guide; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer such information to a third-party who acquires all or a substantial portion of the International Adoption Guide business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. We will not do this without informing you in the first place. In addition, in the event International Adoption Guide website becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, International Adoption Guide or its trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license, or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. The International Adoption Guide may also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to International Adoption Guide website with its clients, partners, and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors to the International Adoption Guide website and how those visitors use the site.
You may have the ability to accept or decline all cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. It is possible to sign in to International Adoption Guide website without accepting cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience at the International Adoption Guide website.
Use of Web Beacons
Our web pages on may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel GIFs) that allow us to count users who have visited those pages. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information on the International Adoption Guide website; they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
Updating Your Information
It is important to us that we have your correct contact information so that you do not miss out on further correspondence or experience problems with the delivery of publications and products.
Members can change their personal information or update their account information at any time by linking to http://iagmember.co.uk and selecting Member Services. Other registrants or users may also update their personal information at any time by sending e-mail to email@example.com
We implement reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use alteration, or disclosure. In addition, all credit transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. When you place an order online at International Adoption Guide website, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption utilizing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders.
The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. When you've finished your transactions and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this "safe" area. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or closed lock will appear in the lower left hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process. In addition, only the last four digits of your credit card number will be revealed on the screen when confirming an order. Of course, we securely transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card service company during order processing.
The International Adoption Guide websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not collect personal information from children under 13. And we never disclose any information about your children or potential children to anyone.
Acceptance of these terms
Your use of the International Adoption Guide website shall indicate your understanding and acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with all of the terms herein, you should not use the International Adoption Guide Website or services.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our Privacy Statement for the International Adoption Guide website, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it. If at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +448444 157 827 and speak to one of our representatives.
We welcome your comments concerning this Privacy Statement. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us by e- mailing us at email@example.com We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem. Thank you for using the International Adoption Guide website.
International Adoption Guide,
4 Antrobus Road
Tel: 08444-157 827